Session: 21-22 Nov 2020.
Some on sale on microstocks here:
Shutterstock | Adobe Stock.
In astronomy, the Pleiades (/ˈplaɪədiːz/ or /ˈpliːədiːz/), or Seven Sisters (Messier 45 or M45), is an open star cluster containing middle-aged, hot B-type stars located in the constellation of Taurus. It is among the nearest star clusters to Earth and is the cluster most obvious to the naked eye in the night sky. The celestial entity has several meanings in different cultures and traditions.
The cluster is dominated by hot blue and extremely luminous stars that have formed within the last 100 million years. Dust that forms a faint reflection nebulosity around the brightest stars was thought at first to be left over from the formation of the cluster (hence the alternative name Maia Nebula after the star Maia), but is now known to be an unrelated dust cloud in the interstellar medium, through which the stars are currently passing. Computer simulations have shown that the Pleiades was probably formed from a compact configuration that resembled the Orion Nebula. Astronomers estimate that the cluster will survive for about another 250 million years, after which it will disperse due to gravitational interactions with its galactic neighborhood.
• Optics: Skywatcher 130/650 PDS.
• Mount: Skywatcher N-EQ6 Pro (mod).
• Filters: IDAS LPS D1 (2"); Astronomik LRGB (36 mm).
• Accessories: Baader MPCC Mark III 2" coma corrector.
• Camera: QHY163M mono camera.
• L: 40x180s | binning 1×1 | Gain 120 | Offset 80 | cooled – 10°c.
• R: 15x120s | binning 1×1 | Gain 120 | Offset 80 | cooled – 10°c.
• G: 14x120s | binning 1×1 | Gain 120 | Offset 80 | cooled – 10°c.
• B: 14x120s | binning 1×1 | Gain 120 | Offset 80 | cooled – 10°c.
• Integration: 3.43 hours.
• Correction: Darks, Flats, Bias, Dark Flats.
• Skies quality: Bortle 5/10, SQM 19.55.
• Resolution: 1,21"/pixel.
• Field of view: 1.56° x 1.18°.
• Notes: Light polluttion; clouds; haze; moonlight; mapped LRGB.
• Softwares: Pixinsight, Adobe Photoshop.
© www.infinitalavita.com • Cristian Cestaro
Tagged: , infinita è la vita , astrophotography , astrofotografia , universe , universo , spazio , space , cristian cestaro , www.infinitalavita.com , infinite is life , constellation , costellazione , astronomy , astronomia , messier 45 , pleiadi , pleiades