light on a dark computer screen

light on a  dark computer screen

Chancing to glance at my computer in a dark room with one lamp on I saw these interesting colours. I believe that these may be Quetelet Rings or Stripes, which I think are TFI. See also the adjacent photo which shows the same thing but with a close-up with flash. They may be seen, in the right light, on a dusty surface! Two explanations on the web
If you are interested in exploring this light phenomenon, it is not necessary to try dusting a mirror with the aid of a vacuum cleaner bag – as suggested in the second reference! Just switch on a lamp in your otherwise dark computer room.

Posted by barliquin on 2012-04-21 05:29:24

Tagged: , Quetelet Rings? , Thin Film Interference? , TFI? , Computer , light effects